Hey, thanks for being interested in the business case studies that we develop for people like you. Right now, I’m going to assume that you have also read:
- Why we write case studies for people like you
- Why savvy professional services use case studies when they want to be trusted by their prospects
This page is about the process inside Brutal Pixie’s business case studies service.
The service is exactly what it says on the tin: We develop case studies for you.
No, not on video. (But we’d handle the interview elements for your videographer, if you asked nicely.) We do produce beautiful‐sounding podcast episodes (also if you ask nicely).
By default, the case studies we produce are in writing.
Here’s our business case studies process:
- We help you present it to your clients, so that they say yes to the project. After this point, you are not involved. We do that for a reason. (Those reasons are in this article here.)
- We book you and your clients in for interviews. Separately.
- We run as many interviews as are necessary to get the story.
- We do any additional research that’s necessary. Depending on your business, service or product, we might also ask you for documents, samples, or ‘shadowing’ time.
- Once the case study is prepared, we go through a specific review process, which involves you and your client.
- When everyone is happy, we finalise everything and deliver it.
It is absurdly simple, and the entire structure keeps you hands‐off.
I could say to you all the obvious things, like you are busy and don’t need to handle appointments and project management. Yes, it would be true. But it’s better for me to point out to you that you being hands‐on is the reason why you haven’t pursued case studies up until now. It’s a lot of work.
The process — particularly our review process — has been refined over more than five years to give you the best outcome, without the hassle.
Do you have more specific questions about business case studies that are not addressed here?
The very best thing you can do is book an appointment for a confidential chat, so that I can address them for you in person.
I look forward to speaking with you soon. 🙂
~ Leticia, HRH Queen Pixie