I’m going to tell you what savvy B2B services do to be trusted by the market, and why.
Who am I, and what do I know about your industry?
My name is Leticia Mooney, and the first thing you should know about me is that have never worked in ‘traditional’ B2B services industries like accounting or law or architecture. I am not even a marketer! Who am I to tell you what the entire market does?
In fact, the only area in which I consider myself an ‘expert’ is in creating B2B content and publications that inspire trust and increase revenue.
Wouldn’t you love to make more sales inspired by trust, that you can showcase?
Well, keep reading. This may be the most important information you read this year.
Before you click away because you’re not interested, know that I already know you’re only a little bit interested. If you were really interested, you’d have been on the phone already, demanding to be first in line for our services and special offers!
So stay with me just a moment. I want to share with you a story.
It’s about one of our B2B services clients, a B2B services business whose founder despaired of ever growing enough. Even though she followed the advice of ‘thought leaders’ in the market.
Let’s call the business owner Sharon (she’s a real person, but this isn’t her real name). Like yours, her business is in a competitive industry.
Sharon did everything business gurus and coaches tell us to do. She
- was a regular at networking events
- was part of industry associations
- talked to people she knew were decision‐makers and potential users of her service
- wrote blogs
- advertised on Facebook
- spent time on social media.
Her personal brand was really something. But her sales? Pfft.
Her existing clients loved her, but she couldn’t break through to the next level.
Do any of these sound familiar to you? :
- Industry associations asked her for speaker recommendations, instead of showcasing her business
- Ideal prospects talked to her but bought in another business to do the work instead
- Active social media almost never turned into real business
- Always busy, but never closing the right business or talking to the right people
- People read her blogs but never took action to buy — in over 4 years!
- People always said yes to writing reviews… and then never actually wrote them.
If it does, then you know exactly how Sharon felt.
I was working with Sharon, and I saw this over a period of years.
But I had seen her in action. I know the incredible outcomes she achieves. So I decided enough was enough.
That’s how I came to tell her to stop talking about herself, and to start telling her clients’ stories instead.
Now I was lucky that Sharon trusted me! She was skeptical, but she knew that what she was doing was unsustainable. So she said yes.
What Sharon’s business did to earn trust was transformative. It’s so easy that any busy service provider can do the same thing.
What Sharon did was agree to do some case studies.
All she had to do was set aside 30 minutes for a chat, and then make some quick warm introductions by email.
I did the rest, and Sharon has never looked back.
- Tell your clients’ stories for them, and never again get a bland, unhelpful ‘this is great’ review.
- Show prospects exactly why people buy from you and how they make that decision.
- Shine a light on your service, why it is effective, and how you get great results, to make people feel like they know your service before they even experience it.
Marketers bang on about ‘storytelling’, but I’ll level with you.
You’ve got to tell the RIGHT story!
The fastest, most effective way to do it is with a case study.
When you do it, choose your best clients, the projects you are most proud of doing. Showcase the people and businesses you wish you could clone!
- Case studies are balls‐and‐all: Every moment, every decision, every aspect of your client relationship.
- Let your clients do the talking about what wasn’t brilliant and why they still recommend you. This shows prospects that you’re human, just like they are.
- Tell the story of that amazing, big‐bang project. If you do physical work (like architects) pair it with before‐and‐after photos, to build a sensational case for your quality, sustainable results.
- Spin a story but don’t create fiction. It starts with the problem that your client needed fixed, how you ended up with the sale, and what was the outcome, which is exactly what your prospects want to know: Why should I decide to work with this business?
Used right, a great case study can more than halve your lead‐time from quote to sale, because people are quicker to trust you.
But the best thing is that it’s one of the smartest ways to spend your money, because case studies just keep giving.
‘My joint venture partner asked me to build in a case study.’
The case study that Leticia did for my project [with a joint venture partner] was so good that I’ve built case studies into tenders — at their request. They loved having the opportunity to really think about, and showcase, their own business.~ Gina, Training x Design, Adelaide.
Tenders is just one way you can use your case study.
There are more than 14 other ways you can use one.
- Use them to apply for and acquit grants, especially if a politician who doesn’t know what you do is going to read it. It shows what you do and why you’re great at it.
- Break them up into soundbites for social media, to scatter on your Instagram, to post on Facebook
- Use the key points in press releases
- Add them to your quotes and proposals! When you are a prospect, few things are as convincing as getting a story about someone else with your exact problem, and how the proposing business solved it.
- Use them as blogs - or a series of blogs
- Break them up into drip campaigns for sales funnels
- Use them as ebooks to capture leads on your website
- … and more besides.
No other type of content has a lifespan like a case study.
Once you know how to leverage your case studies — and I will show you how — they will continue to serve you and make you money.
And that is the holy grail of business content: Something you buy once, but that continues to make you money. That’s when it truly becomes an asset.
Now you’ve read the bulk of my message. Why are our case studies any different from yours?
You might already have ‘a content person’ in your business. You probably have a Communication or Marketing department. They are probably churning out loads of great stuff, every single day. So why would you outsource something you can do in‐house, cheaper?
The first reason is that people are honest with us.
Have you heard of the Human Courtesy Bias? It’s a real thing. It’s that tendency we all have not to give negative feedback for fear of offending people. You already know that asking clients for feedback tends to get you results that they think you want to hear, right?
The Human Courtesy Bias results in people wanting to be helpful instead of honest. That’s why you will rarely get the true story from your clients.
When we talk to them, they know that we are only interested in creating a great case study. That’s when helpful becomes honest.
The second reason is that we’re experts: It’s our core business!
Case studies aren’t your core business. Communication and marketing teams have to do so much more: They handle social media, advertising campaigns, blogs, newsletters, annual reports, interactions with the press. They run your intranet, and your website. They back up your sales and customer service teams with promotions. And more besides!
My own background is as a music journalist. I not only worked on the ground, but mentored global teams. I’ve had more than a decade of experience in turning interviews into conversations.
I won’t lie to you. When your customers are so engaged in a conversation that they forget they’re being interviewed, that is where magic happens.
Case studies are done WRONG more than they are done RIGHT.
They’re not a time for you to sell. They’re not a time for you to just bang on about why you are great, and faultless, and flawless. That isn’t a case study.
A case study done right is honest about the process. It shows your customers talking about the tricky stuff. Those times when you didn’t know if it was going to work, or they weren’t sure they were going to work with you.
It’s moments like these that make your business human, relatable.
This sounds too good to be true, right?
Every internet guru tell you to do ‘this one thing’ and you’ll get amazing results. Every SEO person, every website builder, digital marketer, and social media consultant.
Every one of them is telling you to do this, that, and the other.
Know that nothing is a magic bullet. Even the best case study on earth. It’s what you do with them that counts.
The truth is the internet is full of snake oil and charlatans.
Hell, even our most trusted platforms and newspapers are now being eyed with suspicion.
Facebook itself was found in 2018 to have lied about the effectiveness of video, just to make more money.(1)
In December 2018, fake reviews started appearing en masse as spam in Google reviews.(2)
Is it any wonder people don’t know who to trust?
You can fake reviews but it takes way more effort to fake a case study.
Case studies take special skills, time and effort, and attention. Above all, they require permission.
Your clients have to say yes. Your clients have to participate! The business that fakes the case study is discovered real quick.
How effectively you use them is up to you. When you do leverage a great case study, the sky is the limit.
But don’t take my word for it. Scholars have studied the effectiveness of the case study in great depth. From one journal paper: ‘The case study approach allows in‐depth, multi‐faceted explorations of complex issues in their real‐life settings.’ (3)
You know yourself that finding a trustworthy service provider is a complex issue. Imagine how hard it is for your prospects when they don’t even know what they’re looking for.
Wouldn’t it be great to show your prospects that they are making a great decision with a business they can trust… without spending loads of time or money?
Of course it would be! And I can help you do it.
Okay so here’s the deal:
- Your first case study for just $3,627 +GST
- Your second and subsequent case studies for $2,760 each +GST
- A 100% money‐back guarantee if you are dissatisfied for any reason, at any time, no questions asked.
This is more than $5,700 value for just $3,627, plus a lifetime, money‐back guarantee.
What other content studio will go out of its way to put its own profits on the line? Not many. I believe in the power of case studies so much that I want you to have a risk‐free way of trying it. If it sucks, all you have to do is say the word, and I won’t even ask why.
To take advantage of this offer, all you need to do is fill in the form below and click send!
Or, you can book an appointment with our experts to discuss this incredible case study offer.
That’s all there is to it! If you’re wise enough to see how ridiculously easy it can be to inspire trust and close more sales as a result, you’ll take action today.
Talk to you soon!
~ Leticia Mooney, Business case studies expert
PS. If you can’t see the benefits yet, book yourself in for an obligation‐free 15‐minute chat about whether or not case studies are right for you.
PPS. This offer is time‐limited! Make sure you take action and grab this risk‐free offer now.