This checklist will help you to know that what you’re doing for your audience is right.
How do you know that what you’re doing is right for your audience?
This checklist will give you a very different set of metrics from what you’re used to.
Here are 10 things that show you that what you’re doing is right for them:
1. Engagement is visible (replies more than likes).
2. When you promote an offer, people buy it.
3. Your subscriber membership is relatively stable or growing.
4. People thank you for the publication.
5. People tell you that you make them think.
6. Your clients are on your list (or ask to be added).
7. Your prospects are on your list (or ask to be added).
8. Strangers approach you at networking events and shyly introduce themselves as “one of your readers”.
9. Other people start asking you if you’ll collaborate with them (because they want access to your list).
10. People start subscribing people people talk about your work.
Comments about this checklist
An active, healthy subscriber membership isn’t always about people who like, comment, or share digital work.
It can be more useful to have a 1:1 relationship with your list members. Think about the people who take the time to reply to you, to seek you out and talk to you about what you’re producing.
These days, word of mouth — which is more effort — is more valuable than it’s ever been. And that includes their words from their mouths in your ears, directly.
This is why I created the Daily Publishing Tips email list. It’s not just to create and build an engaging, 1:1 relationship with people like you. It’s so that you can get meaningful tips about how to do it for yourself.
Sign up at: