Today, a pop quiz to determine your content competence.
For each question, score yourself 1 or 0 if you agree with the statement.
Ok, let’s go:
- I have KPIs in place
- I only use KPIs that are measurable, meaningful and directly linked to my business’s corporate strategy
- I know 100% that every piece of content we deploy is driven by my business’s overall intention
- I treat content publishing as a business-within-a-business
- I use infotainment instead of teaching
- I consider ‘content’ to include every type of messaging, including how our phones are answered and how we communicate with existing clientele
- My business keeps detailed notes from every client interaction, right down to the ages of their children if it arises in conversation
- Every piece of content my business creates relates meaningfully to every other piece of content
- My approval pipeline is smooth and bump-free
- I take governance seriously, which means I have rules, references and procedures
- I allow the authors of my business’s content to have their own voice, perspectives, and opinions within their content
- I pay attention to the smallest detail, such as labels on forms and buttons
- I turn every content piece into a bigger asset at some point
- I employ experts whenever I need them.
10 — 14: Congratulations, you have a highly competent content practice. May the force be with you!
6 — 10: You have a robust content practice, but you have some serious gaps. Pay attention to the gaps.
0 — 6: Suggest you bring in an expert immediately to improve your content operations.
This is as good a time as any to remind you that the email writing deal of the year expires in 2 hours! Reply to this email to get it.
~ Leticia “daily email is your daily bread” Mooney