Content Writing is the digital sister of copywriting. At Brutal Pixie, we offer both.
How does content writing differ from copywriting?
Content writing is writing created for a website or other digital platform.
Unlike other formats, digital content comes with specific needs over and above the writing itself. These needs include:
- how digital readers are different from other types of readers.
- enough SEO to make the content work for search engines.
- the importance of white space.
- how to structure HTML correctly for non-sighted readers.
- how screen readers function.
- how to test for readability levels.
- how to craft snippets, categories, and tags.
- how to structure content within a digital environment.
In other words, it is specifically writing content for digital delivery. Copywriting is about writing more generally.
Content Writing by Brutal Pixie.
This service includes:
- A discovery phase, to make sure that we understand your digital environment, requirements, and brand voice.
- Creation of guidepost documents for you if you don’t already have them, such as brand voice guides.
- The writing itself.
- A guided, collaborative review process.
- Delivery in any format that works for you, including plain text, Markdown, HTML, PDF, or even a Word doc.
At Brutal Pixie, we are proud to work to industry standards. We’re members of Write the Docs, the Australian Society of Authors, and the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance.
What type of content can we write for you?
We will work with you to create:
- ecommerce and retail websites (products, product descriptions, and natural language for screen readers)
- all other types of websites
- blog posts
- case studies
- any technical content (such as instructions, help documents, and knowledgebases; see also technical writing).
Don’t settle for freelancers who are not savvy to digital’s distinct requirements, or who don’t understand the nuances of content operations.