Matthew Michalewicz was an engaging speaker who talked to us about one of five actual measures of success: Goals. Are you someone who writes down and reviews your goals? You ought to be: it will help you achieve success.
Journeys, inspiration, insights:
Matthew Michalewicz, Founder of SolveIT
- Mathematics is the only universal language
- As a business owner you need absolute clarity
- Clarity about business = precision + goals
- Precision = mathematical data, actual facts
- Having goals improves performance
- People with goals are nine times more likely to be paid more than people without goals
- Out of every 100 people, 80 don’t have goals; 16 have goals but don’t write them down; 4 do have goals and do write them down; 1 has goals, writes them down, and reviews them. (Not sure on the maths on this one given it results in 101 but it’s unimportant.)
- Telling others about your goals increases your chances of actually doing what you need to do to achieve them
- Keep your goals in your pocket
- Every time you meet someone, ask yourself how this person will help you achieve one of the goals in your pocket
- Visualise yourself meeting your goals.
Did you get something different? Add your notes or learnings to the comments.